gun issue

From: r (charger1969rt@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 23:33:42 EDT

"If we are talking about a armed Marshall being onboard, that might be a
deterrent. If we are talking about passengers being able to carry firearms
onboard, I'm sorry but that is just plain stupid. If I can carry a gun
onboard so can the terrorist."

Anybody remember "All in the Family" show.

Archie Bunker was the right wing bigot always bested by his left wing
peacenik son-in-law meatheat.

Archie's solution to airplane hijacking by giving everyone boarding
the airplane a gun and when the hijackers try to take over the airplane
all the passengers would pull their guns........HA HA HA HA HA...
what a stupid idea by a stupid bigot........

The suggestion that because I may feel a need to carry a weapon to
protect myself or family, that I woud want to shoot out the windows
of an airliner, bothers me to no end.

It bothers me so much...here I am writing another off topic post.

Jon I am sorry..........

When I carry a weapon it is the same reason I wear a lifejacket when boating.

For any given situation you want the odds in your favor.

4 or 5 terrorist with any kind of weapon...you with none ...you die.

It happened 911 in 3 of 4 cases.

The real heros seem to be the guys on the Pittsburg plane that tryed to get
control of the plane back from the hijackers. They had no weapons..

I would feel much safer with 100 NRA members with weapons on an
airliner than not.

100 NRA members on an airliner would at least give you a 100 to 5 ratio,
NRA to terrorists.

I'll be glad to risk a bunch of bullet holes verses being flown into the side
of a building.

Equating gun owners with beer guzzling fat guys with tatoos that drive
high perfomance trucks and trucks.......wait a minute.....i don't have tatoos.......

never mind...

rob lipinski

P.S. Perhaps joining the NRA should be a requirment to buy a Dakota.....

Actually it should be a requirment for US citizenship.....maybe.....