Re: Fiberglass leaf springs

From: Ragnarok (yum@yermom.org)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 23:36:55 EDT

Jayson Woodruff wrote:

> Very cool, so what's the pluses and minuses?
>
> Jay W

As I understand it, these are the pluses and minuses:

Pluses:
simple to install(as opposed to shackles and hangers)
no axle wind-up, which means no need for traction bars and very reduced axle hop
weight savings of roughly 75 lb. yes, from the rear of an already poorly weight
distributed truck, but hey, it's mostly unsprung weight, so it's still good.

Minuses:
Hmm...hard to find?
cost? I'm expecting roughly $150, which isn't bad, to me, but it may be to others.

Um...

William