RE: Keeping tabs on Dakota - Update

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 15:54:30 EDT

Hey Dakota (and everyone :) )!

You know, something good has happened with all of this. Have you all noticed
how everyone is talking to each other now instead of being preoccupied with
their own lives just to even say "Hi!"? This is such a great feeling of how
we are making the best of this situation. I love this country!!!!

Ever since the cold war was ended in the Reagan era, people here have slowly
stopped worrying about an attack. Because of the lack of focus, people have
turned to the "political correctness" of phrases and all the BS that goes
with it. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it is just simply stupid
in the grand scheme of things. In the long run, I hope we will see that this
ridiculous act of murder will turn out to being a good thing for the way
people treat each other. Another thing that is neat, in the Detroit area
there is somewhere around 3 million people that commute to/from the office.
Tuesday through this morning I did not hear of one accident. That's
incredible! Everyone is finally thinking of others instead of only
themselves. Thanks!! ;^P

I am proud of how everything is taking shape with the cleanup and
investigations. I too wish I could be there to lend a helping hand. I'm glad
there are too many people there. A big Thanks! goes out to everyone
involved!! With the reports of the excess amount of people donating blood, I
will go next week when the supply starts to go back down a touch. I almost
feel guilty waiting, but they have enough right now.

Have a great weekend everyone! Tomorrow in my 10th anniversary with my
lovely bride and we are going up to what I think is the most beautiful part
of Michigan....Mackinaw Island. If you folks ever get a chance to come up
here, you will find the most incredible, beautiful, peaceful, man-made
object -- the Mackinaw Bridge. Not that the Golden Gate Bridge is bad, it is
just small ;) The GG is 3,400 feet (9/10 of a mile) while this baby
approaches 5 miles (26,372 ft)!! 19,243 ft total length of steel
superstructure and 8,614 ft. length of suspension bridge, with 3,800 ft
between the main span.

Cheerios!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!