I'm finally building my 318 --- swap info

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 23:51:40 EDT

I finally got around to getting my 318 on an engine stand and have started
building it. I don't expect it to take more than a few weeks so I'm looking
for any last information I can get for swaping the 3.9 for the 5.2 in a 95
dakota 4x2. Where can I get a wiring harness for the 5.2? I bought the
engine from a salvage yard and they sold the harness to someone else. Will
all of my accessories bolt right on, or will I have to use adapters? Can I
just drop the v8 right in or do I have to get different mounts? Has anyone
here dealt with http://www.engine-swaps.com/? One of my friends that is a
chrysler tech said that it would require modification of the frame for this
swap. How can that be if the 318 was an optional engine in that year
(1995?) Where can I buy bearings, gaskets, oil pump, etc for my engine
on-line? None of my local stores seem to cary them.

Thanks,
Geoff