Re: US/Canada Border delays?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 19:11:13 EDT

At 08:59 PM 9/14/01 +0000, you wrote:
> I found a local number on www.customs.gov, and they gave me the number for
>the office at the Peace Bridge. (716-881-5225) The lady I talked to there
>said the delay is slightly longer than before the incident, but certainly
>nowhere near the 3-14 hour delays I've heard of. ? Guess I'll just have to
>show up and see what the situation looks like. -Jon-

Jon

It's hard to determine. The CDN newspapers mainly report on the delay of
truckers going into the States because of the trucks are going through 100%
searches.

The best that I can find on the radio is that passenger vehicles have, at
times,
had delays of an hour or so. Many passenger cars are also going through some
intensive searches, mainly from Canada into the U.S. There have also been
delays
because of bomb scares. The Whirlpool (lower) bridge in Niag. Falls has been
closed so that their personnel can help with duties at the Rainbow (upper)
bridge.

Bob