Re: Re: Piston Coating in my Oil???

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 20:13:54 EDT

 How small are the flakes? If they are big enough to clog the pickup screen
then you should keep an eye on your oil pressure, especially at high RPM's.
 If they are small enough to pass through the screen then you may be clogging
up your oil filter, and allowing "flakes" to bypass the filter.

You may want to contact Mobil and ask if there are compatibility issues with
any piston coatings.

Also, if you can fit a bigger filter in there, do it, it can only help.