Re: Re: Piston Coating in my Oil???

From: Wxman (wxman@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 21:04:44 EDT

Thanks for the thoughts. The flakes I drained out (about 1/2 teaspoon full)
were probably too big to make it through the pickup. I have been watching
everything closely and so far no other visible problems. I kept the filter
to see if I could find more stuff inside it, but haven't cut it open yet. I
will change the oil after about 1000 miles and see if I find more stuff. I
even had one of the dealers call the region rep about it and the rep said
they would not even check it out under my warranty because nothing was
wrong. If the flakes do cause a problem it would be covered under warranty.

Not a big DC fan right now. However, the 4.7 is running great. Just hope
it stays that way.

Didn't think about the oil compatibility, but I feel that is a long shot.
Both dealers asked what oil I ran both said Mobil 1 should be fine.

Wxman
<Gmblows@aol.com> wrote in message news:168.e0d3d6.28d3f742@aol.com...
> How small are the flakes? If they are big enough to clog the pickup screen
> then you should keep an eye on your oil pressure, especially at high
RPM's.