RE: Performance Upgrade Help

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 22:52:35 EDT

See below:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of WPG
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 7:09 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Performance Upgrade Help

I know all of this has been covered and is in archives but searching
archives with slow internet sucks. Please help.

FIPK, Mopar, K&N, AIRAID, or other?

K&N FIPK 57-1509 or the MOPAR equivalent

Plug Wires, what brand and type?

MSD 8.5mm Super Conductors

IAT adjuster, Did it help with pinging on your trucks?

I have the Autolite plugs in my truck. I have it in at a Dodge dealer to
have some service work done. One problem is a stumble leaving lights if
driving easy. They suggested removing the Autolite stating they had, had
problems with them. Not sure if that is what I am going to do yet I know the
throttle body needs cleaned too and will give that a try. What is the stock
plug for my 360?

Stock plugs are Champions, ones used by a lot of Dak enthusiasts are
Autolite 3923's, however, the stock equivalent is Autolite 5524's. Never
have had a stumbling problem. Sounds like the TB cleaning as well as a
bottle of fuel injector cleaner will do you wonders.

Think that's it. By the way 99 R/T is what I am working on.

Thanks In advance.

Paul Gottes