Comments and questions about 3.55 gears and new Daks.

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 21:10:56 EDT

What is up? I`ve been looking at Daks again.They just
received some nice 4x4 2002`s at my friendly Dodge
dealer,and yet I`m troubled! There are two 4.7 liter
reg.cabs,both with the 45RFE automatic,both with the
good-looking tire and handling package.One black
Sport,and one flame red SLT.But they both are equipped
with 3.55 gearsets,and NOT limited-slip.Now I know
that those 3.55`s were common to generate noise after
a while,but do they actually fail? I`d like to know if
anyone recommends against buying a Dak with those
gears,due to problems they`ve had.Also,I was told
today that the 3.92 geared Daks all are
limited-slip,while the 3.23 and 3.55 Daks aren`t.Is
that right? My 99 V6 Dak has the 3.92`s,and it`s an
anti-spin.I`d like a V8 truck,but I am not sure about
"trading down" with the gear setup.Another concern I
have is the new stereos.My cd system has the Infinity
speakers in the doors,but all the new Daks that I
looked at did not.I assume that they don`t have the
extra amplifier either? They do have a cassette player
built-in,where mine doesn`t.Any comments about those
stereo systems I would appreciate as well.All other
aspects of the new 4.7 Daks that I have seen are equal
to or superior to my sixer,except for the
interiors.But the sixty extra horsepower would take my
mind off that. :) Hope this made sense,I`m kinda
tired... Steve P.

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.