Vortech T-Trim installed :-D

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 22:48:54 EDT

All I can say, is I wish I went with Vortech to start with... The cooest
thing I think about the kit, is it uses the stock tentioner, and its
basically in the same location, therefore, you can run the stock belt, and
just bypass the blower section, or use the 113" belt, and drive the blower!

The install took ~8HRS total... wasnt too bad, hardest part was the
dipstick tube, which was bent from the powerdyne install, and vortech sais
to bend it the other way (dipstick is useless now :-P)
The thing that i was pissed about the most, is due to this being a custom
kit, and what not, the pulley wasnt shipped with the blower... so I had to
find one local... I found a 3.33" 8 rib pulley from a mustang guy, and with
that pulley I hit ~6PSI at 5k, and ~9-10PSI at 6K...

the blower has a sweet, loud whine at idle, which lets anyone know, in the
radius of 100 yards, that, Yes, there is a blower on that truck.. LOL!

As soon as I get the 3.125" pulley, and recalibrate the FMU (runnin rich as
all get out) I hope to be running somewhere in the 12's... dunno where
tho...

I'll keep everyone updated, and feel free to post questions and whatnot...
I'll try to get some pics as well...

Tim Berry - 97 CC SLT 318 4x2
13.504@101.91 w/ Powerdyne @ 8PSI
Vortech T-Trim ~12-14PSI, Ordered... =D