Re: Bernd - Performance Upgrade Help

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 09:50:42 EDT

I don't comment b/c I don't ping ;-) The o2 sensor does compensate for the
false info as far as fuel enrichment is concerned.

A cooler IAT reading will advance timing a few degrees (couple few hp). And
during WOT the o2 sensor is ignored, thus falling back on IAT temp vs. data
tables stored in the pcm
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

Nobody seems to be commenting about pinging and the IAT. How exactly does
the IAT help? I assume we are just playing with the output voltage of the
sensor. Why doesn't the Oxygen sensor compensate for the lie we are giving
the computer?

Paul