Re: Bernd - Performance Upgrade Help

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 10:17:19 EDT

Paul,

I don't have an IAT adjuster (yet) but I can explain some theory that might
help. During WOT stabs or rapid changes in TPS or MAP the computer goes into
open-loop where the IAT is a primary variable in fueling and timing strategy.
Cooler settings result in more fuel and timing which can be felt in the
seat-o-pant meter. More fuel under these load conditions can also cool the
combustion chamber which wards off detonation or pinging. After this
relatively short period is over - the computer goes back to closed loop,
recognizes the overly rich condition and adjusts accordingly.

I hope to be trying one (IAT adj) myself soon.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI TB Pulleys RTcam MPComp HVoilpump DynaGearDoubleRoller
WindageTray CompTAs