RE: Bernd - Performance Upgrade Help

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 11:26:24 EDT

Couldn't have said it any better.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Shane Moseley
Subject: Re: DML: Bernd - Performance Upgrade Help

Paul,

I don't have an IAT adjuster (yet) but I can explain some theory that
might help. During WOT stabs or rapid changes in TPS or MAP the
computer goes into open-loop where the IAT is a primary variable in
fueling and timing strategy. Cooler settings result in more fuel and
timing which can be felt in the seat-o-pant meter. More fuel under
these load conditions can also cool the combustion chamber which wards
off detonation or pinging. After this relatively short period is over -
the computer goes back to closed loop, recognizes the overly rich
condition and adjusts accordingly.

I hope to be trying one (IAT adj) myself soon.

Latr,

Shane