The Valley & "DOH!"(long)

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 21:18:30 EDT

Hey, DML!
We're up to 9 for the Valley! Chuck Robbins & Dakota Dodge are gonna be
there. For those who missed it:

http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dmlevent/

& go to "M" - then to "MoPars at The Valley"

Now for the "DOH!" part. I put the Lund "smoked" headlight covers on the
DAKSY & they look super! I also asked about foglight covers & whether or
not they'd compromise the intgrity of the fogger beams & nobody
mentioned that I must be an idiot. I installed em at work after I picked
them up & drove home after work to change the oil & the rear diff juice
& when I finished it was dark. Soooo, I turned the headlights on & the
4-ways & it looked pretty cool, sitting in the driveway... Soooo,
thinking there was nothing illegal about em, I went to work the next day
& after that, to bowling. I took my daughters home after bowling &
thought...hmmm...a little dim with the covers, but not too bad. 'Course,
I'm in the habit of turning the lights on & pulling the fogs on as
well...Jeez, no wonder I could see! The fogs did all the illuminating!
As soon as I tried the Hi-beams, it was as if I was driving with NO
lights at all!
K...I am a dummy, I guess, but I never had or drove anything with smoked
headlights during the darktime. No wonder the cops don't approve of em.
Guess I just gotta remove em if I wanna drive at night.

So, anybody ever see foglight covers?

(bowing thick head in shame)

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
1 of 980 2K SY V-6 DAKS mfrd

For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

 (ps, we're still working on it!
me on the DAKSY & Susan on the webpage...)