Re: Four Wheel Drive Question

From: HOP (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 11:15:34 EDT

Please tell me you weren't driving your truck on a dry paved road in 4x4.
This is very bad on all of the drivetrain. Your tires all turn at the same
speed in 4x4 and when you turn the outside tire rolls farther than the
inside tire so you will hear a chirping noise. Also the whining noise is
typical especially in low range. If your wheeln' and your going from a paved
road to dirt it's ok to engage 4x4 as long as your moving in a straight
line. do the same when returning from the dirt to paved.. Hth, Hop
P.S. anyone please feel free to chime in if i'm wrong.