Re: RPM's low at stop in gear.

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 18:07:00 EDT

Any mods to intake (TB, air intake plumbing)? Weather change dramatically
recently? Change your spark plugs recently? Did you reset your computer
recently? I'd say 500-600 is normal, 750 seems high (all w/AC off). More
likely idle control motor than TPS, intermittent vacuum leak maybe. What's
the temp of your engine, if it's too cold the computer might be turning up
the RPMs as if you just started it.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at