Re: starter plunger and contact pin fix

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 14:57:42 EDT

I did so on my mitsubitchy starter this weekend... NEED to do it to the dak
as well, I'll have it on the website when finished.

I took apart the solenoid, cleaned it all out w/ some fine sandpaper.
Pulled out the armature and cleaned it as well, then cleaned the brushes
(had gotten stuck, were not touching, thus no start) and reassembled
everything.

It's pretty simple to do, just pay attention how everything comes apart.....
it may take a couple extra hands to get the brushes back in position since
they're spring loaded..
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto