RE: ABS and BRAKE lights lit!!!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 21:25:31 EDT

rear wheel speed sensor

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@BUFFNET.NET]On Behalf Of Gregg Grisham
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 9:01 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: ABS and BRAKE lights lit!!!

ok, I am ready to go crazy! if its not one thing its annother...

fixed a blown collector gasget the other night, and then yesterday after
work the ABS and Brake lights on the dash are staying lit. The breaks feel
fine, but this has me worried. the fluid is slightly above the ADD mark.

everything seems fine, even the abs works... Did a hard stop from 60 last
night and I could feel the abs kicking in.

what grade of brake fluid is recomended for the daks?

anybody else had this kind of problem? a bad sensor? oh ya this is on a 99
v8 5spd 4x2 if it helps anybody.