Re: Re: New Virus -NIMBDA

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 23:20:10 EDT

Don't know if you did this or not, but next time one like this hits, just
unplug as many boxes from the network as possible as fast as you can.
Don't even bother shutting down the network interfaces "gracefully" via the
software, just pull the plug. We started doing this on our suspected
infected servers and I think it slowed the spread a LOT.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com