Exhaust options for 2001 DQC w/4.7L V8

From: Todd Rothermel (rookie48@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 13:38:40 EDT

My 2001 DQC SLT w/ 4.7L V8 pulls a 3000lb motorsports trailer every
week (seems like it is the only thing it does.. I only have 1800 miles
on it!). I'm looking for suggestions for the best cat-back exhaust
system. My criteria for this addition is performance, sound, and
quality. I'm thinking about a Flowmaster 50 Series muffler with a
single 3" pipe out the original exhaust outlet location. I do tow a
trailer (therefore don't want to point the exhaust out the back of the
truck) and do desire to keep my spare tire intact on the truck. I'm
also thinking about a dual outlet muffler with both pipes exiting the
truck at the original factory outlet area... Any suggestions? I plan to
also install an Intense Performance Z-tube at the same time... TIA!

=====

Todd Rothermel
rookie48@yahoo.com
Rothermel Performance Motorsports