Re: Synthetics in transfer case?

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 19:44:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/01 5:12:29 PM, jay&dana@telus.net writes:

<< I am in the process of switching all my fluids to Redline and was wondering

if anyone has switched their transfer case fluids in their NV231 to

synthetic? Any recommendations as to brands or types would be greatly

appreciated. Which ATF fluid would any recommend for this transfer case? >>

AMSOIL makes an atf+3 compatible synthetic ATF fluid, I've been using it in
the transfer case no prob for a couple years now. Mobil-1 ATF is NOT
compatible as some of us have found out (myself included) by trial and
error...
Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4.10, 4" susp/2" Body lift, 33" MT's etc...
http://cnc.4x4.org/members/members.php3?member=david_kilian