The Valley/Banner..(oops) + a longgg story

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 21:17:46 EDT

Hey DML!
My bad! I shoulda put this in for the Valley instead of the other links:

http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dmlevent/Dvi1eXPoL4ZSA/

(Although you COULD find info in them about the meet if you looked hard
enough...)

And now, for something completely different...I started getting a strange
metallic sounding clunk from under the DAKSY on Fruday nite...I first
noticed it on some rough Massachusetts roads & could NOT identify what it
was or where it was originating, other than under the truck...Sooooo, I
pulled to the side of the road & took a look underneath...hmmm...nothing
seemed loose...Anyway, it bugged the crap outta me all weekend! I kept
crawling under it & wiggling & shaking stuff...not the exhaust...not the
shocks...DAMN! Even looked under the hood to see if the intake fell
off...Ok, I decided to wait til I got her home & up on the ramps... so I
crawled under & started shakin everything I could reach...heatshields... gas
tank...transfer case...spare tire...Nada! WTF! Soooo, I crawled out &
chatted a bit with Andy on AIM & went back to her & for the heck of it I
grabbed the passenger side rear tire & pushed & puleed as hard as I
could...CLANK!!...THERE IT WAS! (but what the heck was it?) Sounded like it
was coming from the extreme rearend!?!?!?! Soooo, I went back & tried the
Putnam Hitch - solid...
Now What? So I shook the rear tire again, heard the clanking noise from the
rear & went back & took another peek...the only thingthat could pssibly move
was...THE DAMN LOCK ON THE RAM'S HEAD HITCH RECEIVER COVER!!!! SHEESH! I
wired it away from the hitch & covered it with duct tape & shook the tire
again...NOTHING!! I'll tell ya....that little Master lock made ONE HELL of a
racket! It musta sent vibrations all thru the Putnam Hitch & the frame!

(end of story)

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )