Re: Re: fuel

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 20:59:42 EDT

make sure the knock sensor isn't overly tightened, that will usually give
false knock... picking up normal harmonics and noises, being confused as
characteristics of preignition combustion.
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

the lowest i can run without setting off the sensor is 93 and then a can of
nos octane booster..then it still shuts down every now and then..its just
not being consistant from top of 2 and wot in 3rd gear..
my mechanic and me will work on shielding the knock sensor and playing with
what type of fuel to run when i go race or just play around..