Re: how compression affects computer?

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 08:47:42 EDT

    With iron heads, you MAY be able to get away with 9.5:1, but I would
probably stay at around 9:1. The crappy gas is the key. Actually, you should
match your compression ratio to your cam to get maximum cylinder pressure
for the gas you're going to use. If you get a cam from Hughes', they will
tell you how to do this. Aluminum heads will usually let you get away with
0.5-1.0 point more compression since the aluminum dissipates heat faster.

Doug Myers
-------------
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG

<Pukeloser@aol.com> wrote in message news:24.19be68df.28dfe8ef@aol.com...
> Does anyone know how the compression ratio affects the computer. When I do
> the 360 project I'd like to get as high a compression ratio as possible
> (considering the crappy emulsified gas they sell here in Cleveland).
> Anyone know what the limits are for 94 octane gas with MP computer?
>
> John S
>
> 95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
> 1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor,
MP