Finally got my Dakota tonight.......

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 23:01:30 EDT

So far,I`m extremely impressed with it.For one
thing,129 miles or so of hilly interstate driving only
took 1/4 tank of gas,at 65-70 mph the whole way.Maybe
it won`t read 3/4 when I get in it tomorrow,but so
far,so good.Overall,it seems like a different truck
entirely,when compared with my 3.9 Dak.The 4.7 V8 is
very smooth and quiet-running,and the shifting is so
smooth and slushy,they oughtta sell the tranny at
7-eleven! I`m very glad I stayed with the 3.92
gears.Even on steep grades on the highway,it didn`t
shift much,just unlocked the torque converter here and
there.The ride seems less choppy than in the other
Dak,and the seats sit up a little higher,also.Best of
all,it feels strong.When I depress the gas pedal,there
is a pushing sensation,almost like I`m being propelled
forward,or somethin`! I like dat! And don`t EVEN get
me started on the sound! It rumbles! I almost forgot
what a V8 feels and sounds like,since my 318 Duster
and I parted company.Can`t wait to stick all my
headlight and taillight covers and ventguards on it!
Tee Hee!! Definitely need some kind of engine ID badge
on the fenders,though.I might go ahead and get the
"Magnum V8" badges for it. OK. Goodnight.Go to
sleep! Steve P.