IAT Adjuster and Pinging

From: KCDak (jasonmanderson@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 13:18:42 EDT

I just installed the IAT Adjuster this weekend, but now I'm having some
pinging problems. The only other mod that I have is the Autolite 3923's. I
have always run 87 octane gas and never had a problem with pinging until
after I installed this. It also doesn't seem to matter if I have the until
on or off, or even if I run 91 octane. The temperature here has been right
around 70, and I know that the adjuster is really meant to be used in higher
temperatures, but should I still get the pinging even at this temp? Is it
possible that I wired this wrong or the connections using the posi-lock
connectors are bad? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
00 Sport Quad 4.7L 4x4 3.55