Re: Underdrive Pulleys

From: RDPerform@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 20:58:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/4/01 4:31:03 PM, spammikeREMOVE@home.com writes:

<< Hello All,

I have a few questions regarding underdrive pulleys, both generic and
specific. First, can anyone explain to me how they work? From what I
understand, they don't increase hp, only allow you to use more of what you
have (more hp at the rear wheels). Second, what are the pros and cons of
these. I have heard that some guys have charging problems with pulleys.
Finally, can anyone tell me the price of these (installed) and average hp
gain on a 4.7? >>

They slow down accessories, which gives you more HP..... HP is just a number
of how much has been accomplished. I like to look at torque numbers myself,
especially in a heavy truck.

FWIW - They do work. I've made several sets (I think Jon from the list runs a
set....)

ttyl
Patrick