Re: RE: Re: RE: rocker arm ratio and cams

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 21:05:25 EDT

Hey Aaron,

I'm running the 1418 cam in my 95 318 with a hughes stage one intake and
1.6:1 roller rockers. I dont have any problems. The engine doesnt have much
low end, but it is about the same as it was after I installed the headers and
3" exhaust. Top end is noticabley stronger. She pulls hard to 5800 RPM, it is
a definite screamer engine. If I had it all to do over I would have invested
my money in a 360, probably doing a 408 stroker motor. The problem with these
318's is that you lose all the low end if you want power. The only way to get
it back is supercharger ($3000 approx), stroker motor ($3000 total
investment), or a 360 which is probably the most reasonable upgrade for the
price. The other problem is that once you have all that power you'll need to
upgrade the rear end (assuming you have an 81/4 now)

Good luck

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior
axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors, IAT
adjuster