RE: Check Engine Light Code P 0340

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 20:00:55 EDT

P-0340 No Cam Signal At PCM

SYMPTOM
P-0340 NO CAM SIGNAL AT PCM

WHEN MONITORED
Ignition ON.

SET CONDITION
If 96 crank signals are counted and no signal from the cam position
sensor is present the code Will set.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

No start condition present
5-volt supply circuit open
CMP sensor circuit to harness splice open
CMP sensor connector observable defect
Wiring and connectors observable defect
CMP sensor defective
Distributor and/or pulse ring observable defect
PCM def (no cam signal)
CMP sen sig circuit short to 5-volt supply circuit
CMP sensor signal circuit open
CMP sensor signal circuit short to ground
CMP sensor signal circuit short to sensor ground