Re:trans leak

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 10:44:12 EDT

If you have a 4x4 check around the transfer case. That's were mine was leaking
and not from the transmission.
T.

Subject: DML: trans leak
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: 9/29/01 8:11 AM

I have the 4.7, auto trans.i was changing the engine oil yesterday when i
looked over by the cataylitic conv. and saw some red trans oil on the heat
shield and some wetness on the frame. I looked on the trans all over but it
was dry. Any ideas as to why this is where it is,? I see no trans fluid on
my garage floor. I will be taking the truck in for the 30K trans service on
wed, the dealer wants 152.00 for this. they tell me the trans has two
filters. anyways just wanted to know if some of you had this same
problem?.with the trans oil leak.