Re: Water leak

From: Stephen Reill (sreill@OPTONLINE.NET)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 18:16:17 EDT

Ill tell you exactley what your problem is...I have an 01 that is 6 months
old and it has the same problem. If you notice, there is actually 2 weather
stripping pieces..one on top(close to the roof, and one about 1/2' under
that. What I did to fix mine(so far, no more water) is buy some black
silicone and caulk in between the strips...I pulled apart all of the
interior panels to find the leak and what the water was doing was getting
past the 1st strip and leaking BEHIND the second one...from there it
runs down the pillar and onto the floor....If you want to do the check for
yourself, take off the pillar trim and do the hose test again...

Just a note...if your prob is different, i also had a 92 sonoma with a leak
and it turned out to be coming from the rear window.

hope it helps..