Re: Cat questions... (think I found my problem)

From: Vernon Barnett (vl_barnett@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 18:48:19 EDT

Can't say much about the factory cats. I just had my
second replacement put on my 99 rc 3.9 and I only have
42,xxx miles on it.

  Gregg Grisham wrote: ok ok, I feel silly, I have
done a ton of work to this truck, headers, cat back,
intake, throttle body, etc... well I went to the track
the other day, and the best was a 16.2... this seemed
bad, no better than before the mods!I also have been
having trouble with exhaust gasgets, I have blown out
three header gasgets, and now two y pipe/collector
gasgets.This made me think, something is wrong, too
much backpressure?... what IS that rattle I have been
hearing? could it be the cat? I always said "nah it
wont hapen to me"... I said the same thing about the
cab pop on a drive way, but that one is starting to
get on my nerves.so my questions are, what is the
waranty on the cat? I have 55,000 on the truck in the
3 years I have owned it. if it is still under waranty,
the dealer will replace it with a stock cat, will that
one last? would it be better to go with an aftermarket
cat? if so what brand, type? prices? Help!!! I want to
have this fixed for the truckin nats!!!as always
thanks for the help, this is why I love this group.oh
ya the truck is a 99 cc 5.2 5spd, with mopar headers,
F&B tb, K&N gen II, MBRP cat back, and Centerforce
clutch.thanks againGregg