cold air intake

From: Robert R.II (iicold@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 12:16:07 EDT

For you guys running the Mopar or K&N cold air intakes, what type of mpg
gains and throttle gains are you getting? I would like to purchase the K&N
for my '00 CC V-6, but they don't have a listing for the V-6 in K&N's
catalog at Auto Zone (where I work), but I am sure that the air hat and
intake setup is the same on the 5.9 as it is on the 3.9. The mopar catalog
sells the same cold air intake for the 97-00 3.9, 5.2, and 5.9 so I want to
know if the bigger engines get a better response from the cold air intakes
than my V-6. Anyway, let me know how you like them. Also, I like the
sucking sound of the cold air intakes when you get down on the throttle, do
these units have the same sound. It's not important, just a perk.

Robert.