(no subject)

From: awheeler (awheeler@vt.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 18:38:29 EDT

DLM'ers,

I need some help. I drive a 1990 Dakota 4x4 V6 and 80K miles. Recently the
truck has started idling very badly. It seems to run fine except the idle is
very rough. I have a great mechanic and he hooked it up to a snap-on computer
and it didn't register any error codes. He thought it was the MAP sensor but
a new one didn't make it run any better. I take very good care of my DAk, she
has never seen 3000k miles w/o an oil change. I put in champion truck plugs, a
new dist cap and rotor and new plug wires in May and they all seem to be
working great. The only modifications I have made are a K$N filter in an open
element housing. Could the O2 sensor cause this problem? I have looked the
engine over several times to look for vacum leaks but I cna't find any.
Please throw any ideas you may have at me. I'm hoping there is just some Gen
I trick to this whole thing. Thanks