Re: Bored out Cat

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 23:35:04 EDT

 Well I'm not sure about the V6, but I have a 5.2 V8 with gibson 3" exhaust
and no cat. It is WAY loud. It sound really good though (in my opinion)
however I dont think the V6 would sound good unless you had radical power to
back up the sound. The V8 gives a much more distinguishable sound. The other
consideration is that you'll have to do something about the sensor after the
cat (Kat box). My suggestion is that you should bore out the cat only if you
are pushing 300hp with headers and a flow through muffler, or bore it out
regardless as long as you have a baffled muffler and no headers. (unless you
dont give a s@#t about how goofy you look with a really loud exhaust on a not
so fast truck)

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (relocated), Hughes
stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1814 cam, 1.6:1 roller rockers,
progear DR timing chain, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors, IAT adjuster