Mopar PCM...did you know?

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 13:49:52 EDT

Just talked to Marty at KRC, after seeing the posts regarding flashing the
VIN & mileage on a Mopar PCM or ABS won't work, and this is what he says:
Flashing the VIN is necessary, but flashing the mileage is not. Any lights
you get would be from no VIN flashed on the new PCM, mileage is irrelevant.
The OE PCM is set to trip a mil light at 100,000 miles to get you into the
dealer, so if you have 20,000 on your truck & install a Mopar PCM with the
VIN flashed, you now have 120,000 before the check engine light will come on!
And your ABS will work just fine.
I ordered a new PCM with flash for $355, also an IAT adjuster for $30. Can't
wait to put 'em in! BTW, I'll then have a Jet Stage 2 chip for sale cheap.

Kevin/NJ
99 CC 5.2L 2wd auto (318 R/T )
always addin' more...see my profile
check it out: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">THE