Cold Air Intakes

From: Mike (spammikeREMOVE@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 21:17:59 EDT

Hello All,

Can anyone who has pictures and/or instructions for a home brew intake
please post them here. They can be for any engine (want to see different
solutions) but best would be for the 4.7L.

Also, I know some companies make intakes for the 4.7, has anyone used the
Intense kits? It looks like the Stage II and Stage III use the stock air
hat while the Z-tube gets rid of it all together. What are the
advantages/disadvantages of this? The Stage III has a canister around the
filter, this seems like a good idea for a 4X4. I take my truck off road and
I'm a bit worried about excess dirt/water getting on the filter. Does the
canister hinder performance? I know that Volant also makes an intake, any
other companies (K&N does not and they don't know when they will have a
FIPK).

Thanks for the help,
Mike

PS: to the person responsible for this page:
http://www.dodgedakotas.com/links/parts.htm
Your link to Intense Performance actually goes to K&N.