Houston Mopar Show - Results

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 23:25:03 EDT

Well,

We made it back a few hours ago after an excellent weekend of racing in
Houston. The drive was nasty as can be with massive amounts of rain and
light flooding on the road (actually had to drive at 20-25mph on the
highway) but all this cleared up on late Friday night with cool weather
and sunshine on Saturday and Sunday.

The new suspension is working great, the V6 is running very strong now,
and yes...I put the Sneeky Pete back on (25HP shot for cooling mainly).
I still had to re-learn the launching of the truck (as well as shifting
from 3rd-4th gear with the Hurst Shifter) but was able to put her into
the low 15's with only minor tire slippage and some tuning...and she's
got plenty more to go. ;)

Fastest Time: 15.246 @ 86.31mph (with a bit of tire slippage out of the
hole)

Fastest Speed: 15.910 @ 91.70mph (totally bogged it out of the hole and
forgot to hit turn on the juice at the light)

Average Run: 15.3 @ 90mph

Worst Run: 18.546 @ 47.54mph (Missed 4th gear and blew the tube from
the blower to the airhat right off...hehehehe...no harm done though.)

- Bernd