RE: RE: it was a sad day at the track friday nite

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 00:17:21 EDT

Indexing the distributor sets the injector timing...not ignition timing.
You are correct in the fact that the PCM controls timing...you can turn
the distributor all you want, it won't affect ignition timing.

http://www.speedtweaks.net/Tips_Tricks.htm#DistIndex

FMU = Fuel Metering Unit. A device that, when under boost, helps richen
the fuel mixture by allowing the auxilliary fuel pump to increase fuel
pressure...therefore adding more fuel according to boost (monitored via
a vacuum signal).

- Bernd