Re: Kenne Bell Tips and Tricks?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 00:39:40 EDT

I thought the 45RFE's were a TV Cable- less design. I think the TCM does all
the figuring now, and my guess would be that the TCM may regulate shift
points,etc partially based on manifold vacuum readings, becuase manifold
vacuum is affected by engine load/throttle position. With the boost being
rammed down the intake, he may be running into a similar MAP sensor problem
that Bernd and others ran into on the previous style Magnums w/
supercahrgers. The MAP freaks out under the presence of boost and gives a
maximum or minimum(which one is it Bernd?) resistance value, therefore
thoroughly confusing the PCM. If the TCM is taking MAP info into account in
figuring shift points, it amy also be affected by the same problem. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html