Re: Speedo Gear

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 00:54:20 EDT

'98+ Dakotas don't use a speedo gear. They use a predetermined table in the
PCM to operate the speedo and ABS system effectively. The signal comes from
the Rear wheel speed sensor, mounted to the rear axle. The table in the PCM
only supports the factory options for tire sizes. Therefore, the biggest you
can go and still have the PCM, speedo, and ABS operating properly would be a
31x10.5x15 or a 16" equivalent. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html