Over Drive Problems Was: Maintance Req'd

From: Chuck Stafford (stafford@cecomet.net)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 19:59:42 EDT

I talked to the local Dodge dealership and they told me that Dakota's did
not have speed sensors until the 92 model year. Mine is an 89. I talked to
the previous owner today and asked when the problem occurred. He told me it
was right after he washed the engine bay. I noticed a couple of wire had
some burn marks, like the had layed against the exhuast manifold, maybe he
broke acouple of cable ties? I'll splice in acouple of new wires this
week-end.

Chuck Stafford
89 Dakota Sport 3.9v6