Re: Grille inserts for 99 Dak...gutter guard?

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 23:06:52 EDT

Three bar billet does look allright, but personally I like the sped grill
look far better...

The design of the gen 3 dakotas lends it'self to this grill idea perfectly.
I got some Gutter Guard (for leaves) and cut it to fit witha dremel tool
(for ym friends 99 R/T) it looks really nice, and we hit it with some primer
to go from chrome to silver (to match his silver decals) I personally run a
version of the "speed grill" on my 93 kota, I have it bent back twards the
end, gives it a far mroe finished look. I am also putting this grill on my
sisters Jeep this weekend. This grillt reatment is getting very popular in
my town (due to me) I ahve real speed grills on ym Dad's Ram adn as much as I
love em, the grill guard is far better $4 vs $200 is a easy one to decied,
atleast for me...

As for attaching the grill, I simply used some floral wire (mechanics wire if
you got some really fine guage stuff works great) You can not see it unless
you really try to, and even then, it looks better than most mounting systems
taht I ahve seen

Hope this helpS!

Greg