high oil pressure reading on gen 2

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 01:08:40 EDT

Hey all,

    Lately my oil pressure reading (stock gauge) has been all the way up to
the top mark on the gauge. Any other Gen 2's have this prob? Should I be
worried about this?
I did notice, since I switched to the Fram HP-1 filters about a year ago,
that my pressure went up due to the less restrictive filter. But it is way
high now.

My concern is that there may be some restriction after the pressure sensor
causing a high reading but restricting actual flow to the engine parts.

Anyone know where the sensor is located and whether it determines pressure
before the oil filter or after?

Any help is much appreciated

John S

95 cc 5.2 auto, transgo shift kit, 4.10 gears, auburn LSD, superior axles, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat) MSD digi6+
ignition, MSD HVC coil, MSD 8.5 wires, HD cap&rotor, autolite 3923's, K&N
X-stream filter (14x3.5), 180 stat, 1 quart oil filter (relocated), Hughes
stage II TB and intake manifold, Hughes 1814 cam, 1.6:1 roller rockers,
progear DR timing chain, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors, IAT adjuster