high oil pressure reading on gen 2

From: THRASHER949@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 22:42:55 EDT

John first things I need to know, how many miles on the motor? Excessive
mileage means bearing wear or damage. If its a newer rebuilt motor you
bearing clearances maybe not within spec. IE to little clearance means less
space for oil to pass through and lubricate. It it not your oil pump, the
pump creates volume not pressure. 2nd part what weight oil are you using?
Does the high oil pressure only happen when its cold? Hot?

You oil pressure sensor on your dash is not that accurate. Get a good
reliable guage (shitty ones breaks and you got oil everywhere) and conect it
to the fiting where the oil pressure sensor is connected to the block. I
think its on the back of the block.

If pressure is still to high check your oil pressure release valve and see if
it was clogged. I see you have some modifications to your truck. When
applying and RTV sealer do not add to much, whatere sqeezes out the side on
the outside sqeezes in to the water jackets and oil galles which restricts
flow.

-Jeff