Re: Never again with a Dakota

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 14:21:35 EDT

Sounds like it isn't Chrysler that can't fix it, it's your
DEALER. We've got 6 dealerships in San Diego County. 3 of
the 6 are '5 Star' dealerships. Only 2 places out of the 6
get any of my business. 1 of the 2 will get repeat
business. The other place was terrible, and I let them
know that.

It's unfortunate that people have to deal with this across
the country and don't much else of a choice but go to 1
dealership. I found a place on the way back from the RT
National Meet last year in Kansas. After stopping in 2
different places in MO, of which neither of them even knew
what an RT was, the place in Kansas had a shop not much
bigger than my house. $19.95 Oil change, fixed a leaky
transmission yolk seal (warranty), and adjusted my rear
brakes for me (power braking was wearing them down faster
than the adjusters could keep up). All in about 35 minutes
while I stood in the shop and watched (with about 5 inches
of rain falling in the process). Great little dealership
with about 10 cars/trucks on the lot.

I have had my share of weird things go wrong, and have had
a couple of return trips for the same problem. I'm on my
6th! Dakota... I will buy a 7th down the road. I've got
friends with Cheby and Ferds... They jump back and forth
between brands every 4 years or so... and they've had
NOTHING but problems. Asked them why not try a Dodge???
One finally did... 7 years later he still has it (A
Dakota). He then got his Boss interested in one, and he
bought a '97 the first year they were available, and he
still has it.

I'd stick it out and get them to repair your vehicle
correctly. It would really suck if you went to a Ferd or
Cheby and got a whole new set of problems with the other
brand!

Sam '00 RT (Mopar or No Car for me)
    '72 Plymouth Satellite Special (Brady Bunch)
    '71 Plymouth Satellite Brougham (Cop Car to be)

--- "Suter, Rick" <RSuter@bizfon.com> wrote:
> I gotta second this one... My '99 is absolutely the worst
> vehicle I have
> ever owned, BY FAR! And it appears, I am not alone...
> After owning Mopars
> exclusively since 1973 (less two shortlived GMs) my brand
> loyalty may have
> run out. And it's not the fact that things are wrong that
> need to corrected
> with the truck that bothers me the most. What bothers me
> the most is that
> Chrysler seems UNABLE to fix the truck. Unfortunately, I
> am not eligible for
> my state's lemon law because I bought it with 16k on the
> clock used from a
> dealer.
>
> Anyone want to buy a Mopar Performance PCM with a '99
> Dakota attached? :-)
>
> >Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:46:35 US/Central
> >From: bernd@texas.net
> >Subject: Re: DML: Never again with a Dakota
> >
> >Did you ever try to investigate using the Lemon Law?
> You may >>have been
> one of
> >the unfortunate ones with a "Lemon" right out of the
> factory.
>
> >They're not bad trucks and every manufacturer has a
> "black eye" >vehicle.
> Just
> >sucks when it happens to you.
>
> >- - Bernd

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com