Plug wires

From: Jon (jonram@megalink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 22:46:45 EDT

I was doing a spark plug change today, and the number one plug on the left
side, I grab the wire boot and it comes off in my hand. The only resistance
was the vacuum around the plug. "Jeez, that was too easy." Turns out, it
was. The center wire is broken off, the end still attached to the plug!
Now, knowing it came off REALLY easy, I'm thinking that it was gone for a
while. Would my truck run fine on 5 cylinders? My answer is no, but the
truck was running fine, aside from bad gas milage, IMO, for a truck of it's
size. I'm just finishing out the first full tank of gas I put in it, and
it'll work out to about 10 MPG when I roll up to the pump. About 230 miles
on 22 gallons.
Will it get better or should I get used to having to gas my Dak up as much
as the fullsize we used to have?
Later,
Jon
jonram@megalink.net
The Dodge Diesel Website
http://www.dieseldodge.com
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4, 3.9L V6, 42RE, 3.92:1 8.75 axle