99 Dak problems.

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 21:42:21 EDT

I feel bad for you guys that are having problems with
your Daks.99 seems like a bad year for some reason as
far as common problems go,even though those models get
the same problems as the 97 and 98 models.They just
all seem to come to a head with the 99s.I know mine
had every common problem available,plus the sag and
hesitation that never got
resolved.(Extremely,EXTREMELY aggravating).Let`s
see....it had the harsh reverse engagement,warped
rotors,belly pan gasket failure,ball joint replacement
on passenger-side,fluctuating idle (3.9),ping,steering
wheel pop,and the rotors rusted or froze up after it
had sat in bad weather for a few hours,which about put
you through the windshield when you touched the brake
the first time.(It almost got me broadsided once as I
tried to GRADUALLY slow down in an icy parking lot,and
the brakes locked with a bang,and made me
skid.)Chrysler has had a real problem with waiting
until the next major redesign of a model before they
address any problem permanently.This is evident with
the Gen III`s.No reason for all the common problems to
carry over for three or four years in a row.Truthfully
though,I`ve had mostly all Mopars,so I don`t know if
other manufacturers have this problem or not.But I
have been very happy with my 2001 Dak.I tried to avoid
all common problems with the purchase of this
truck,and so far,so good.I hope to have it for a very
long time.It seems like the 4.7/45RFE are fairly
reliable. Steve P.

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.