RE: Never again with a Dakota

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 08:16:49 EDT

Hey Sam!

First, great story about the dealerships! That is the problem. I do have to
razz you a bit though. You are on your 6th Dakota?!?!? After 9.5 years, I
still have my first one around with her big brother I bought almost 1 year
ago. I drive my '92 on Monday's and Friday's and the '01 on T-R. Not that I
have any concern about the '92's reliability, It's just that I have things
after work T-R that I need to get to. I have already posted my 9 year
summary with the '92. I have only one complaint, and that is with the lack
of testing on the Electric Blue Metallic paint ;). If it wasn't for the
paint missing, very few would know how old she is! She has a ton of life in
her and still takes many people by surprise and victory on the street.

Travis, I am sorry that you purchased a poor quality truck. As every
manufacturer has their lot of poor vehicles, you will find that these
Dakota's are among the best - overall. Do you want to drive my '92? I'll
gladly loan her out for a while to prove the reliability!

Have a great weekend everyone! It's going to be warm but wet here. Perhaps
another coat of Zaino for the '01 ;^P

Cheerios!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!