Never again with a Dakota

From: Gensch, Travis (Travis.Gensch@qtiworld.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 11:35:47 EDT

My current list of problems that I have had fixed:
Intake Manifold Gasket
New Front Hub
Tranny problems
Front Seals

That grand total for repairs was around $2700

New problems:
New rear shim kit in tranny
Leaking rear axle seals
Tranny cooler lines leaking
Leaking Tranny pan gasket
Lower ball joints
Fuel sending unit.

That somewhere is around the tune of $1200

These are only the things that the deal has fixed, this is outside the other
things I can fix on my own. My dealer total of possible repairs is near
$4000, that about 1/4 the price of the truck. What a joke. Of all the
vehicles I have owned, I have nowhere near the problems. I called Chrysler
and they basically said too bad. Gee thanks for selling a hunk of junk.
All these problems at under 60000 miles.

The topper is that one day I was filling up at a gas station when a stranger
came up and asked how I like the truck. I stated I liked it, in which he
then preceded to ask if I ever had tranny problems. Told him I did and so
did he. Big surprise there. He got rid of the truck because of all the
problems.

I can't wait for the medium size Chevy to come out. I will never own
another Dakota that is outside of warranty coverage.

Best of luck to you all,
Travis

95 4x4 SLT Ext Cab -Just wishing it would just be removed from the face of
the earth